Antea Group helps clients from preparation through to aftercare.
European regulations and the Soil Protection (Dumping) Decree impose stringent criteria on civic amenity sites in operation on or after 1 March 1995. One of the permit requirements is a liquid-proof upper and lower seal.
An aftercare fund must also be established for continued management once the waste disposal activities have ceased. From location study to aftercare: Antea Group has in-house knowledge for the design and management of (sealed) waste disposal sites.
Antea Group helps clients from preparation through to aftercare. We give due consideration to innovative solutions, for example a leak detection system.
This structure consists of a single layer of HDPE foil (without the mineral layer), which is monitored by a detection system. The system accurately pinpoints leaks and simplifies repair.
- Location study, feasibility study, spatial planning quick scan, preliminary design and permits;
- Permits, including underlying surveys of soil (soil-related, geohydrological, geotechnical and quality), noise, odor, particulates, archeology, landscaping, external safety and EIA;
- Investigation into the re-use of defunct civic amenity sites, including a survey of the quality of waste materials (e.g. asbestos, landfill gas), soil and groundwater quality and the formulation of decontamination plans.
- Design and consultation on upper and lower seal structures;
- Design and consultation on leachate collection systems;
- Site layout and logistics, including weighbridges, service areas, offices, etc.
- Preparation of specifications and tender procedure;
- Management and daily supervision;
- Consultancy during implementation;
- Interim checks and delivery validation;
- Documentation and document revision.
- Formulation of aftercare plans using target capital calculations;
- Monitoring (e.g. groundwater, subsidence, leachate/waste water);
- Inspection of environmental engineering facilities;
- Technical management and maintenance;
- Monitoring of 'Sealed certificate' for civic amenity sites.