Smart Environment is a phrase that entices and intrigues. But what does it mean exactly? Sensors, the Internet of Things, and other emerging digital intelligence are all having a major impact on daily life. These developments are ongoing and offer unlimited possibilities that could help to create a pleasant living environment.
At Antea Group, Smart Environment constitutes a broad, integrated service in the field of environmental and local/stakeholder issues. When it comes to subsoil, groundwater, water, air, noise, odor and climate, many parameters can be measured in real time. Challenges with health, sustainability, and safety as major aspects can be precisely managed by collecting, linking, and interpreting data. This also produces insights into more subjective values like how nuisance or inconvenience are experienced. All in all, this enables us to make an effective and sustainable contribution to our living environment, both now and in the future.
Antea Group sees Smart Environment as a safe, secure, sustainable, healthy, and pleasant living environment. Every day, our engineers and consultants are committed to achieve this. They do so by collecting and connecting and new data, which thereafter is enriched with our knowledge. This results in new (and sometimes very surprising) insights that enable us to influence processes – or to pro-actively respond to the findings. Antea Group’s work in this space allows us to find fresh ways to turn the concept of Smart Environment into real solutions. The following products/services (to name but a few) have emerged from this search:
- Tremors in Groningen province
- Noise monitoring surveys and vibration recommendations for Sabic at Chemelot
- Noise and air quality measurements at airports
- Groundwater contamination managed using OWMonit sensors
- Soil-data application for Enexis Groningen
- Real-time monitoring of environmental elements during soil remediation
- Swimming water quality monitoring in South Holland
- Local factors and stability of the quay wall in Hoorn, the Netherlands